Class name: Kumihimo Candy Cane Stripes Bracelet
Craft category: kumihimo
Class type: phone
Instructor: Cathy F
Class dates: Friday, August 19 and 26, 2016
Time: 8 p.m. eastern
Sign up deadline: August 12, 2016
Class description: Use the basic seven strand round kumihimo braid to create a candy cane striped bracelet.
Skill level: beginner, no experienced required.
- Round or octagonal Kumihimo disk with 32 slots.
- Bobbins to hold cords while braiding.
- 1mm bucktail, (this is satin cord,) in approximately 8 feet of each color. Two colors, red and white.
- Note 1mm waxed cotton thread can be substituted.
- Seed beads 6.0 in the same color as your cord are optional. (You will need approximately 168 beads of each color.)
- Beading needle optional (only needed if you are using beads.)
- Silver colored End caps with a 5mm diameter hole. (I suggest Push-in End Caps/Clasps or twist magnetic end caps.)
- Jewelry Glue (it must be able to be used with metal. For example, E600.)
- Thread in red or white.
Where can you get supplies?
My favorite is PrimitiveOriginals.com. However, supplies are available in some craft stores.